The Scrapbook Get-Away
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Scrapbook Get-Away

The Scrapbook Get-Away is the perfect place to get away from the real world and socialize with those with similar interest, purchase spectacular kits and share your scrapbook talent with others.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

7/12 Travel Nightmares?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lostinadream

lostinadream

7/12 Travel Nightmares? Empty
PostSubject: 7/12 Travel Nightmares?   7/12 Travel Nightmares? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 2:34 am

Anyone out there have a bad experience traveling?

My vacation was wonderful except for one point. United Airlines screwed my over. Our original plan was to fly from Chicago to Portland. We had a connecting flight in Seattle. Then my friend from England told me she was going to be in Seattle those few days and we should meet up there. So we decided just not to take the connecting flight. Called the airline and asked if that was a problem, and they said NOT AT ALL. Just go to the ticket agent at the airport & explain and they'll put the right tag on your luggage so you can get it in Seattle. My sister REPEATED this back to her to confirm she understood right. Well they were full of crap... because we got to the airport spoke to the ticket agent and she said ..."Oh no you CAN"T do that" then it was well you can but there's a fee... I was expecting like $50 each maybe. & I was okay with that.... no no... it was $150 each PLUS the cost of the difference of the ticket (it apparently costs more to fly to Seattle than to Seattle and then Portland) So I ended up paying United $472 for our "new itinerary" (after our original ticket purchase- $502 our 2 ONE WAY tickets ended up costing almost $1000). You'd think taking one less flight would cost LESS money, but no. So lessons learned 1) avoid United Airlines... 2) get travel insurance. (I always do and did for the flights I booked, but my sister booked this one)

Oh and to top it off at security the TSA took this cute Disney straw cup I got for my niece... it had like a mini snowglobe at the bottom with definitely LESS than an once of liquid in it. Bastards. At that point I'd taken a tranquilizer and was just like "whatever." Good thing or I might have gotten really angry with them and been labeled a terrorist and not been able to take my $500 flight.

The rest of my vacation was wonderful though. Smile
Back to top Go down
scrlvr78

scrlvr78

PostSubject: Re: 7/12 Travel Nightmares?   7/12 Travel Nightmares? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 5:02 am

Wow, Kimmie, quite the experience you had there. Quite sucky in my opinion....Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/socrlovr
Shana
Admin
Shana

PostSubject: Re: 7/12 Travel Nightmares?   7/12 Travel Nightmares? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 5:51 am

sorry you had so much of a problem Kimmie, I would still contact them re: the upper guys and see if you could possible get a refund on some if that is what you were told above the ticket person.
Back to top Go down
https://thescrapbookget-away.forumotion.net
lostinadream

lostinadream

PostSubject: Re: 7/12 Travel Nightmares?   7/12 Travel Nightmares? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 10:55 am

Yeah that's what I'm going to try & do, and complain to the better business bureau. But if I do get any compensation from United it'll probbaly be a travel voucher, and I just refuse to fly with them again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 7/12 Travel Nightmares?   7/12 Travel Nightmares? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

7/12 Travel Nightmares?
Page 1 of 1