The Scrapbook Get-Away

The Scrapbook Get-Away is the perfect place to get away from the real world and socialize with those with similar interest, purchase spectacular kits and share your scrapbook talent with others.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Men Men Men...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
imapaperlover

PostSubject: Men Men Men...   Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:45 pm

o.k so prompted by a post from Janice regarding her hubby not liking her staying up late or something like that(please do not misconstue).....and the conversation I had this weekend with my girlfriends.....do men just get clingy after puberty ? in the 30's? and it gets worse?
my dh is 34 going on 35 and my scrappy friends go up to 52 yr old spouses and they just seem so clingy....like they can't sleep alone, can't go to bed alone, can't eat alone?....is your other part like this? i think it's funny,but dear goodness, it's annoying sometimes. gotta love 'em.

February Daily Challenges Completed: [/b]
View user profile http://www.imapaperlover.blogspot.com
~tina~

PostSubject: Re: Men Men Men...   Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:52 pm

I can't really say because my dh is in another country for a year, LOL. When he was here, he was okay with me being up and him going to bed some nights solo. Although, we both missed one another's company if it was too much on either side (he's a video gamer). If he was here right now, I probably would be taking a hiatus from the board, although I love you all!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sowsproutbloom.blogspot.com
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Men Men Men...   Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:30 pm

Nope, mine is pretty good. Smile He's really supportive of my scrapping, and knows I don't get a lot of time to scrap. So when I get into it, he's good about leaving me alone (he'll sit and chat with me at night though), and he helps with the kids so I can keep working. Smile

Creating Memories... One Moment At A Time
Certified EK Success SDU Instructor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trisha too

PostSubject: Re: Men Men Men...   Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:20 am

tina, if your husband came home after being gone for a year, and you DIDN'T take a hiatus, I would think you were nuts!

If we're in the house together, my husband likes for me to be with him. It doesn't matter if I'm scrapping or whatever, as long as we're in the same room together.

Which is why there are art supplies all over the living room right now.

He hasn't gotten more clingy over the years, actually less so, but I respect that he
wants me around, and try to accommodate that. SO, when I am going somewhere, he's okay with it, because he knows it's a once-in-a-while thing, not an "I love scrapping/stamping/whatever-more-than-you" kind of thing. Of course, we don't have little ones, so that doesn't play into the equation, but he was never afraid of being alone with the babies, either.

Anyway, the point is, it is a good thing if your husband wants you around! I think that men like to feel that they're the most important part of our lives, and if they're not
getting that, they can start acting a little demanding, because they want our attention.
Just like we would, if we wanted theirs, right?

And, again, your husband wanting your attention is a good thing!

In my opinion, anyway . . . scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://easilyamusedhardtooffend.blogspot.com
imapaperlover

PostSubject: Re: Men Men Men...   Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:37 am

oh ladies i love it.....i share a piece of all of your experiences...my honey lets me do what i want and if i am too distracted he'll let me know. always wants to see what i'm working on. will ask questions...wishes me luck sometimes. he's just great. it gives him t.v time too,but i have to pull myself to go to bed. i am just nocturnal....could be why i love owls....whoo knows? lol but my hubby is great about this obsession. he just wants my stuff out of his garage when we move again.

DawnHopkins

PostSubject: Re: Men Men Men...   Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:28 am

I think my hubby and I are the opposite...but we've always been this way. He's much more independent, and I'm more content to snuggle together.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mommysboys.blogspot.com
JaniceAileen

PostSubject: Re: Men Men Men...   Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:23 am

LOL, Lora! You didn't misconstrue anything! Smile My DH just doesn't like to go to bed w/o me. I am TOTALLY not like that. If I wanted to stay up and he wanted to go to sleep I would kiss him goodnight and continue on with my scrappin' no problems! He is more of a night owl than I which, I think, is the main reason he stays up until I go to bed. We actually talked about this very subject the other night because I was annoyed that he stayed up as late as I did when we both had to get up early the next morning (why have two sleep deprieved parents and students?). He said he just liked to be with me. Smile Sweet, I know! He really is good a wonderful man. He totally supports my creating and thinks I'm really talented, too! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.janiceaileen.blogspot.com
lostinadream

PostSubject: Re: Men Men Men...   Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:06 pm

No hubby. No problem. I can stay up as late as I want. lol!

"Forget regret or life is yours to miss."
~Rent

# of March Challenges Completed: 8
Back to top Go down
View user profile
imapaperlover

PostSubject: Re: Men Men Men...   Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:15 pm

only you kimmy. you crack me up.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Men Men Men...