The Scrapbook Get-Away
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Scrapbook Get-Away

The Scrapbook Get-Away is the perfect place to get away from the real world and socialize with those with similar interest, purchase spectacular kits and share your scrapbook talent with others.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Glimmer Mist

Go down 
+14
StaceyScraps
MartiC
scrappin_in_AK
CoreyW
imapaperlover
pictures2pages
Steph
kyleighsmom0120
scrapnspire
Alecia
Shana
Jan
Robin
lostinadream
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
lostinadream

lostinadream

Glimmer Mist Empty
PostSubject: Glimmer Mist   Glimmer Mist I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 11:45 am

Love it or hate it?

When I got my first bottle I wasn't too thrilled with the product, but once I learned how to use it right... I became an addict. I have so many bottles now. My friend and i don't order the same colors and just share when we need a certain color. Even though we share I keep buying more!!

What are your favorite ways to use glimmer mist?

I like creating my own background paper using masks or just spritzing more than one color on at a time. I also have found using an eyedropper to add the colors creates a cool effect!
Back to top Go down
Robin

Robin

Glimmer Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glimmer Mist   Glimmer Mist I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 10:04 pm

I only have one bottle because I can't get it around here and can't order it on-line right now. Unfortunately, the color is not one that I use a lot, so I've only played with it a little. I do like it though and would LOVE to try more colors!

I've used it for adding shimmer to a few fall cards last year & also to sprits some lace. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jan

Jan

Glimmer Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glimmer Mist   Glimmer Mist I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 11:05 pm

i haven't used it yet but i've been wanting too. i will get some with my next online order.
Back to top Go down
Shana
Admin
Shana

Glimmer Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glimmer Mist   Glimmer Mist I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 12:27 am

I have played with it in the st ore but not actually tried to use it on a lo. I have a friend who likes it (Diana). I would love to see some projects with it.
Back to top Go down
https://thescrapbookget-away.forumotion.net
Alecia

Alecia

Glimmer Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glimmer Mist   Glimmer Mist I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 2:34 am

I have a few bottles, but only used them a few time. Couldn't ever get the hang of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aleciac.blogspot.com
scrapnspire

scrapnspire

Glimmer Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glimmer Mist   Glimmer Mist I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 4:41 am

i love it but like Maya Mist better because it's not so much water based on Glimmer Mist.

however, i demo-ed Glimmer Mist at a scrap event this past weekend. they are peeks on my blog & i'll post full pics of the make & take this week. i picked up some of the new colors - Cinder, Pumpkin Pie, and Olive Vine. so many colors & LOVE them all!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.scrapnspire.blogspot.com/
kyleighsmom0120

kyleighsmom0120

Glimmer Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glimmer Mist   Glimmer Mist I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 5:55 am

I love it! I've used it as background on my layouts, and I've also used it on actual photos on the edges. I sprayed it on a cosmetic sponge and sponged it on the edges of my photos.
Back to top Go down
lostinadream

lostinadream

Glimmer Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glimmer Mist   Glimmer Mist I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 7:54 am

kyleighsmom0120 wrote:
I love it! I've used it as background on my layouts, and I've also used it on actual photos on the edges. I sprayed it on a cosmetic sponge and sponged it on the edges of my photos.

I'd love to see that!
Back to top Go down
Steph

Steph

Glimmer Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glimmer Mist   Glimmer Mist I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 1:22 am

I've never used any, but a Maya Mist is in the post on its way to me as we speak! It's my first mist so I'm a bit nervous about how to use it...any tips?
Back to top Go down
lostinadream

lostinadream

Glimmer Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glimmer Mist   Glimmer Mist I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 7:09 am

Steph wrote:
I've never used any, but a Maya Mist is in the post on its way to me as we speak! It's my first mist so I'm a bit nervous about how to use it...any tips?

I love using an eyedropper to apply it. I think that's my new favorite technique. Test it out on some scraps first at different distance, it sprays different depending on how far away you are from the project.
Back to top Go down
pictures2pages

pictures2pages

Glimmer Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glimmer Mist   Glimmer Mist I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 8:26 pm

LOVE I love you Glimmer Mist. I prefer glimmer mist over the maya ones because I love the shimmer it adds to a product. I have used it on chipboard, prima flowers, also recently used a mask with paint and then glimmer mist on top.

The first bottle I bought is about half empty so yeah I LOVE it!!! Its so easy to use ladies you just shake and spray there really is nothing to be afraid of.
Back to top Go down
imapaperlover

imapaperlover

Glimmer Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glimmer Mist   Glimmer Mist I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 8:47 pm

pictures2pages wrote:
LOVE I love you Glimmer Mist. I prefer glimmer mist over the maya ones because I love the shimmer it adds to a product. I have used it on chipboard, prima flowers, also recently used a mask with paint and then glimmer mist on top.

The first bottle I bought is about half empty so yeah I LOVE it!!! Its so easy to use ladies you just shake and spray there really is nothing to be afraid of.

well all fear is gone for me! I'm stopping at Archiver's on Friday to get some for my retreat...thanks sunny
Back to top Go down
http://www.imapaperlover.blogspot.com
pictures2pages

pictures2pages

Glimmer Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glimmer Mist   Glimmer Mist I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 9:17 pm

imapaperlover wrote:
pictures2pages wrote:

well all fear is gone for me! I'm stopping at Archiver's on Friday to get some for my retreat...thanks sunny

Glad I could help you get over your fear.
Back to top Go down
CoreyW

CoreyW

Glimmer Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glimmer Mist   Glimmer Mist I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 10:04 pm

I like it but forget about it! lol I like it on chipboard the best.
Back to top Go down
lostinadream

lostinadream

Glimmer Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glimmer Mist   Glimmer Mist I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 11:13 pm

In reorganizing my scraproom this week I've moved all my GM from the container it's outgrowing to the shelf. I should take a picture of it so you can see how sick addicted I am. LOL affraid
Back to top Go down
imapaperlover

imapaperlover

Glimmer Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glimmer Mist   Glimmer Mist I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 12:36 am

o.k kimmy....i gotta see it. post when you can....show me the GM...
I got to test it out at the retreat this wkend...it was pretty darn neat....now i need it...lol
Back to top Go down
lostinadream

lostinadream

Glimmer Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glimmer Mist   Glimmer Mist I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 10:39 am

I'll take a picture just for you Lora!
Back to top Go down
scrappin_in_AK

Glimmer Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glimmer Mist   Glimmer Mist I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 10:03 pm

I don't have any but for a contest I was in I needed some - I ended up buying some cake decorating icing spray - it works great and I love the color - LOL!
Back to top Go down
lostinadream

lostinadream

Glimmer Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glimmer Mist   Glimmer Mist I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 6:54 am

That's interesting. I wouldn't have thought of using that!
Back to top Go down
imapaperlover

imapaperlover

Glimmer Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glimmer Mist   Glimmer Mist I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 7:59 pm

i know.....that is good improvising... afro
Back to top Go down
MartiC

MartiC

Glimmer Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glimmer Mist   Glimmer Mist I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 8:40 pm

I've used it a bit. Chipboard is probably my fav way of using it. I'll see if I can find an example.

Glimmer Mist At_the10

This one I used a mask:

Glimmer Mist Alex_310
Back to top Go down
StaceyScraps

StaceyScraps

Glimmer Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glimmer Mist   Glimmer Mist I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 9:02 pm

Steph wrote:
Put whatever you are spraying on scrap paper to catch any overspray.
Back to top Go down
rachael

rachael

Glimmer Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glimmer Mist   Glimmer Mist I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 5:08 am

i LOVE Glimmer Mist. I have 7 or 8 bottles now but am hoping to get some more soon! I was not a fan until I got some. It can be a bit intimidating. It's SOOOO fun! I have done a few layouts with it, I will post them in my album so you can see. But here is one of my favorites
Glimmer Mist Scrapblog047
Back to top Go down
imapaperlover

imapaperlover

Glimmer Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glimmer Mist   Glimmer Mist I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 5:38 am

i like this page...neato mosquito how you used the GM
Back to top Go down
dlew03

Glimmer Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glimmer Mist   Glimmer Mist I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 6:53 am

I have several bottles and at first I was overwhelmed by it but now that I've used it some, I'm liking it....... I don't use it all the time and I have the stencils that really help. What I found out a few weeks ago is that it can REALLY come in handy with school projects........ For my son's 10th grade History project we had to "tea stain" a paper and make it look really old..... as a final touch I threw in a spritz of Glimmer Mist on it and it gave it such an amazing look.... He got a 95 score on it also!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Glimmer Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glimmer Mist   Glimmer Mist I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Glimmer Mist
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next