The Scrapbook Get-Away
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Scrapbook Get-Away

The Scrapbook Get-Away is the perfect place to get away from the real world and socialize with those with similar interest, purchase spectacular kits and share your scrapbook talent with others.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Photography Help Needed!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Robin

Robin

Photography Help Needed! Empty
PostSubject: Photography Help Needed!   Photography Help Needed! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 7:07 pm

Can someone tell me how I would take a pic of a LO, crop it, save it and end up with a photo that is 2000 pixels on it's shortest side & 300 dpi?? I am trying to submit something for publication (e-zine) and they are being nice enough to let me re-submit the photo, but it has to be at least 300 dpi. Can anyone help??

Thanks! Smile
Back to top Go down
imapaperlover

imapaperlover

PostSubject: Re: Photography Help Needed!   Photography Help Needed! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 12:57 pm

depends on what you use to mess with your pics...program? you can go to top and go to tools/edit and pick size, or if you use picasa you can export and change the size there where it will prompt you to change the size on each side. does this make sense?
Back to top Go down
http://www.imapaperlover.blogspot.com
Robin

Robin

PostSubject: Re: Photography Help Needed!   Photography Help Needed! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 7:02 pm

Thanks, Lora! Smile A friend showed me how to do it in PhotoShop 7.0! I used to use Picasa, but when I got my new camera a while back, it came with software and I was using that, but it never gave me an option to chance the dpi setting. Sad BUT I've figuredit out, sent my LO and we'll see if they accept it for publicaiton!
Back to top Go down
imapaperlover

imapaperlover

PostSubject: Re: Photography Help Needed!   Photography Help Needed! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 1:38 am

yay! glad u got it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imapaperlover.blogspot.com
JoynJesus

JoynJesus

PostSubject: Re: Photography Help Needed!   Photography Help Needed! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 2:14 pm

Robin, just saw this post... I use photoshop as well too. There are some great tutorials on YouTube. Once I crop I got to file and click "save for web" I then resize whatever the dimensions are for the site, then set the quality to high or 100 and click "apply" then save it. I usually go 600x600. I don't know if that will help, but I thought I would share.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joy-n-jesus.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Photography Help Needed!   Photography Help Needed! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Photography Help Needed!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Scrapbook Get-Away :: All that's Scrappy :: Scrappy Chat-
Jump to: